Requirements to become a Security Guard in Ontario
Licensing Requirements (ss. 10(1) of the PSISA). In order to be eligible for a Security guard license, all individuals must
• Have completed the required training and testing.
• Be at least 18 years old.
• Possess a clean criminal record, according to the Clean Criminal Record
• Regulation (note: not all criminal charges or convictions will prevent a person from obtaining a private investigator license. See below for more information on the Clean Criminal Record Regulation).
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Process to become a security guard in Ontario. Complete the online basic security training.
• In Class First Aid
• Upload Consent of Eligibility Regarding Training and Testing.
• Upload a first aid certificate
• After receiving your security training completion number, register for a government exam.
• After successfully completing your exam, apply for a security license
Submission of Application Process
• Take a clear recognizable passport photograph of your self at any photo shop.
• Upload a government issued photo identification.
• Upload a government document to show eligibility to work in Canada.
• Guarantor form filed by person who known you at least for two years.